THE MESSAGE OF THE DEAN OF SOCIAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
27 September 2013
regarding students’ financial aid
in academic year 2013/2014
We inform that, according to Higher Education Law of July, 27 2005 (Dz. U. Nr 164, poz. 1365), and PWSBiA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS RULES AND REGULATIONS in academic year 2011/2012, PWSBiA students can apply for the following types of scholarships:
- Grant for low-income students;
- Disability scholarship;
- The Chancellor’s academic achievement scholarship;
- Welfare scholarship.
- Scholarships are awarded by Department’s Scholarships Committee after receiving written request from a first-year student. This does not apply to the Chancellor’s Academic Achievement Scholarship and the Minister’s Achievement Award Scholarship since students can apply for them no sooner than after the end of the first year of study.
- A student who applies for any scholarship/grant submits an application form and appendix in the Dean’s Office on applicable templates (appendix to PWSBiA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS RULES AND REGULATIONS). The application can be sent by post. Full document is available on PWSBiA’s website or in the Dean’s office.
- The maximum monthly income in the family of student applying for a Grant for Low-income Students cannot be higher than 782 PLN.
- Decisions regarding scholarships are made by Department Scholarship Committee. Students can appeal the decision of Committee (more details regarding the appeal process in PWSBiA SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAMS RULES AND REGULATIONS).
- If Department Scholarship Committee and Appeal Scholarship Committee have doubts, a student needs to submit explanations or other necessary documents. If this condition is not fulfilled in an applicable period of time (no more than 14 days) the application will not be considered.
- A student is obliged to inform Committee Chairman immediately when the conditions that resulted in awarding a scholarship have changed.
1. GRANT FOR LOW-INCOME STUDENTS
Grants for low-income students are addressed to those who have difficult financial situation and average family income in his/her family is not higher than income specified in pt. 4.
2. DISABILITY SCHOLARSHIP
Disability Scholarship is awarded to those students whose disability is confirmed by a certificate from a competent institution. Such certificates should be valid at least until the end of academic year.
3. ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENT SCHOLARSHIP
- Chancellor’s Academic Achievement Scholarship is awarded to students who had high average grade in previous academic year, according to the Chancellor’s ruling (Grade Point Average includes all grades for all courses in index book from previous academic year) or those who had significant academic, artistic and sporting achievements on national or international level.
- Moreover, student who applies for scholarship has to pass all courses and exams in applicable period of time. He/she cannot fail any course or exam.
- As far as students who make up for academic program differences are concerned, their exam terms are binding. This requirement has to be fulfilled in order to pass a year of study.
- Students who have individual program of studies are obliged to pass courses in each semester in time specified by the Dean. This requirement is binding and has to be fulfilled to pass a year of study in applicable period of time.
- The Chancellor’s Academic Achievement Scholarship can be awarded to PWSBiA students who previously studied at another university. In such cases, Grade Point Average also consists of grades from previous university.
- Scholarship is awarded after students submit a request form (appendix no. 3). It is available only for 10% top students from each major.
- SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS AND APPENDIX HAVE TO BE SUBMITTED UNTIL OCTOBER 27. LATE POSTMARKS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED AFTER OCTOBER 27 WILL NOT BE TAKEN INTO CONSIDERATION
- COMPLYING WITH DEADLINES HAS A DECISIVE INFLUENCE ON THE TIME OF PAYING OUT THE FIRST INSTALLMENT
THE DEAN OF
SOCIAL AND COMPUTER SCIENCES DEPARTMENT
doc. dr Marek Ciecierski